BOARD OF FIRE COMMISSION
March 12, 2012
Present: Richard Brown, Dean Michelson and Richard Dufour
Absent: Chairman David Simko and Leroy Goff
Others Present: Chief Paul Owen, Assistant Chief Marty Swan, Fire Marshal Richard Klotzbier, Mike Rich, Rob Rainville, Hunt Voelker, Jason Swan, Town Council Chairwoman Sue Weintrab and Lou Harris.
Acting Chairman Dufour called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. at Company #1 on Barton Hill Road.
Approval of Minutes:
A motion was made by Richard Brown and seconded by Richard Dufour to accept the minutes of the February Regular meeting minutes as presented. Vote 2-0 1 abstention
- Communications: None
- Public Remarks: Marty Swan asked how the agenda is derived since the Chairman is on vacation. Also, Marty Swan questioned why members are going to the Chairman instead of going to through the chain of command. Marty asked if the CPR course was brought through the chain of command instead of going directly to the Commission.
- Fire Marshal Rich Klotzbier’s Report: The Fire Marshal’s report is attached and made part of these minutes.
- Fire Chief Paul Owen’s Report: The Chief’s report is attached and made part of these minutes.
- New Engine Status: Chief Owen stated that he is waiting to hear back from a few companies and is trying to set up a meeting with the company.
- Company #3 Generator Status: Fire Chief Owen stated he spoke to Frank Grzyb and he stated that it will probably have to go out to bid. Frank is working with the Finance Director.
- Radio Upgrade Status – Chief Owen stated it is on track for being completed for the end of April.
- Hurst Tool: Chief Owen reported that it has been delivered.
- Awards Program/Tax Abatement Status: Acting Chair Dufour stated Chairman Simko has sent all information to ACG and all information for the Tax Abatement has been submitted to the town.
- Tracking Status -Chief Owen stated that information is still being gathered.
- Bylaws- Chief Owen stated that there is nothing new to report.
- CPR Class - Marty Swan spoke to Jim Sanapro regarding the AED who stated that it would be nice that all membership be certified but not necessary. It was also stated that if any of the membership would like to be certified that their class costs would be covered by the department.
- Background Check – Chief Owen stated that this is still in process of gathering information.
- Hydrant System Status – Fire Marshal Klotzbier stated that there is nothing new to report.
- Company #2– Hunt Voelker mentioned to the Acting Chairman that there were a few concerns at Company #2.
- Presentation – The Acting Chairman Dufour presented to the Commission the Council presentation.
- Other Concerns: Acting Chairman Dufour asked that all contracts are done competitively and that the Chief look into to keeping it so.
- Approval of Purchases- None.
A motion was made by Leroy Goff and seconded by Richard Brown adjourn the regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Vote 3-0 all in favor.
Kristin A. Olzacki