MIDDLE HADDAM HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION
Thursday, November 17, 2011 @ 6:30 p.m.
Location: Eaton Smith Meeting Room – East Hampton
- Call to order – Vice-Chairman Walsh called the meeting to order at 6:31 p.m.
- Roll Call / Seating of Alternates – Roll call was taken. Present were Commissioners Richard Walsh, David Kneeland, Gina Ritchie and alternate Commissioner Demian Battit. Commissioner Walsh seated alternate Commissioner Demian Battit. Not present were Commissioners James Royster, Charles Roberts and alternate Commissioner Colleen Mellen.
- Public Remarks – Items Not on Agenda – None
- Public hearings:
a. Application #463, filed by Charles and Donna Roberts, regarding 119 Middle Haddam Road, to replace gutters and downspouts.
Charles Roberts presented. Mr. Roberts confirmed that he will be replacing the existing aluminum white gutters and downspouts with copper gutters and downspouts on both sides of the main house. The copper materials are the same material that was used on the recent addition to their property.
Alternate Commissioner Christopher Dart arrived at 6:34 p.m. and was seated by Commissioner Walsh.
David Kneeland moved to approve the application as presented. The motion was seconded by Demian Battit. Motion Carried 5-0-0.
5. Approval of minutes and motions
b. Minutes and motions for the regular meeting on October 27, 2011 were reviewed. The minutes were
approved with one change. Section 2, the second sentence should read as follows: “Commissioner Royster seated alternate Commissioner Colleen Mellen.”
6. Correspondence –
d. Expenditures – None
e. Other – None
8. New Business –
f. Other – None
g. Other – Commissioner Walsh commented that October applicant Julie Amaral was not ready to present at the November meeting and will have information available at the December meeting.
11. Adjournment – Christopher Dart moved to adjourn at 6:42 p.m., seconded by Gina Ritchie.
Motion Carried 5-0-0.