TOWN OF EAST HAMPTON
Brownfields Redevelopment Agency
Monday, February 27, 2012, 7:30 p.m.
Eaton Smith Meeting Room, Town Hall
This regular meeting of the Brownfields Redevelopment Agency was called to order at 7:31 p.m. by Vice Chair Scott Bristol
Present were: Vice Chair Scott Bristol, Kay Willson, Carla Sylvester, Mary Ann Dostaler, William DeMore and Cindy Karlson. Absent was: Chair Dan Wolfram and. Also present: Keith Hayden, Director of Public Works, and Kamey Peterson, Recording Clerk.
Ms. Willson made a motion to adopt the Agenda with additions of 4a, and 6a, b, and c; seconded by Mr. DeMore: Vote Yes: 6; No: 0; Abstain: 0.
- Approval of Minutes
- January 23, 2012
Ms. Dostaler made a motion to accept the minutes as presented with the following corrections:
Item 4- Move the entire contents from Staff reports to Item 5. Liaison Reports
Item 4- Paragraph 1- Haim Zahavi
Item 4- Paragraph 1- The developer has given assurances that the property will be secured during the redevelopment process.
Item 4- Paragraph 1- Developer has expressed concern regarding water town at 1 Watrous Street, possibly even purchasing property, if he was not liable for back taxes.
Item 4- Paragraph 1- Strike from record – An investment of approximately two million will be made.
Item 4- Paragraph 4- Strike from record- There are interested buyers at this time.
Seconded by Ms. Willson. Vote Yes: 4; No: 0; Abstain: 2. (Ms. Karlson & Mr. Bristol)
- Public Comments- Amy Valencourt, previously worked for BHB for the past 8 years, and recently moved to Ty & Bond and wanted to come before the Brownfields Redevelopment Agency to discuss with you where you think the future will bring this program and possible discuss working together for your group.
- Staff Reports
- 13 Watrous Street- Keith Hayden reported the Town of East Hampton is paying a sewer connection charge of $300+/- per year for the empty vacant building. At this point it is going to be disconnected from the sewer and no longer a charged to the town for a building that is not being used.
- Liaison Reports- None
- Old Business
- 103 Main Street- Landscape - Andy Harasan was present for this meeting. Mr. Bristol handed out some color proposed photographs of the landscaping for 103 Main Street. Mr. Bristol stated he wanted to provide Mr. Harasan with the tools to put together a plan and schedule working with the Garden Club and make sure this happens in the spring planting season. There was a suggestion to approach a local artist to see if there is any interest on their part to donate one of their moving sculptures for the site. The Brownfields Agency has agreed to shoot for the second weekend in May and asked Mr. Harasan to put together a rough out a schedule of plantings and a plan to move forward to look for donations.
- Epoch Arts- Mr. Bristol stated VHB has seen some changes; Rob McCarthy who is the LEP overseeing the work at Epoch Arts has left VHB, with a 6 month transition period- so for the time being nothing will change however will need to revisit the topic in the future.
- 103 Main Street – Success Story- Ms. Dostaler provided the members of the Agency with a copy of the approved drafted version of The Transformation of 103 Main Street- A success story written about the site at 103 Main Street. There was a suggestion to hold off on promoting this to the press until fund raising events are in place and tie them in together to help to promote those ideas. They felt it was ready to forward onto the Town Council, BOF and other boards that have a material interests in the success of the work that’s been completed.
Mr. William made a motion to accept the current version of The Transformation, 103 Main Street, and to finalize it for distribution as the agency sees fit; seconded by Ms. Sylvester: Vote Yes: 6; No: 0; Abstain: 0.
- New Business
- Presentation on Airline Trail Extension- Keith Hayden displayed a map showing the proposed extension of the Airline Trail and provided the Agency with an overview. The tentative scheduled for March 12th with a 90 construction schedule.
- Public Comments (pertaining to current agenda items only)
- Confirm next meeting (March 26, 2012)
Ms. Willson moved to adjourn, seconded by Karlson, Vote: Yes: 6; No: 0; Abstained: 0. Motion carried. Meeting Adjourned at 8:23 p.m.
All attachments are made part of these minutes and are available at Town Hall.